Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mr. CJ's Special Day

Greg and I thought CJ needed a day by himself with us. He hasn't had a day with just Mom and Dad since Ry was born over two years ago! We knew just the place to take him. The Museum of Tranportation - trains, trains and more trains! We went there last year and he loved it. Since his train obsession doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon we knew that was the place for his special day!

We had so much fun. Not only did we get to have fun on the trains, but they also had a fire truck exhibit. I think fire trucks would be his second love, after trains of course. We got to ride up in a boom which was so fun!! Here we are getting ready to go up:



















And the awesome view from the top:


















We were there almost four hours. When we were ready to go Dad went to get the car and CJ and I rode the train one last time. I took this pic of us. CJ thought it was funny that I cut off his nose and I was amazed at how many freckles I have!! Seriously, that's not good!



















Then we rode the Metrolink to the Amtrak station downtown. I get a free Metro pass through my work and kids under 13 are free so it cost us $4.50 for Greg to ride. That was the best $4.50 we ever spent. CJ loved it. Here he is before his first ride:















We didn't get to see much at the Amtrak station since they are more particular about boarding passes than in the past. So we hopped back on the Metro to go to lunch. By this time we were all starving and sleepy. CJ fell asleep on my arm on the ride back. We went to Red Robin for lunch and then went shopping for CJ's Halloween costume. We found it and then headed to our last stop - Target, where he got Connect Four and Uno.


We ended the night with popcorn for dinner (yikes!) and a game of Uno. At one point our very funny son said, maybe next time we can play "dos". Ah, our little comedian!!


-J

No comments:

Post a Comment